Montserrat 360º is a two-day walk around the massif integrated into the Montserrat Mountain Natural Park. The objective is to make this mountain known by all its slopes, through its approved trails. The itinerary is marked with plaques of the "Montserrat 360º" crossing on some of the wooden stakes that we will find during the tour.
The itinerary that we propose will allow you to know the most emblematic corners of this massive conglomerate. We will visit hermitages built in unusual places, which were used to practice the hermitic life. We will enter between majestic needles surrounded by myths and legends, we will go through incredible forests full of life with a remarkable diversity of flora and fauna and at the same time we will be able to set foot on the highest peaks of this massif, such as Sant Jeroni (1,236 m) and del Montgrós (1,133 m).
If we only look at the numbers of the journey (km and elevation gain) it seems like a short journey that can be done in a single day. Due to the orography of the terrain, they are two very complete stages that will require considerable physical effort. So, do not underestimate the figures and enjoy this itinerary consciously and with all your senses to perceive the beauty of the environment as well as the panoramic views that Montserrat, the magical mountain, offers us.
- Departure: Montserrat or Can Maçana Monastery (Depending on the Pack)
- Season: all year except August (it's very hot)
- Difficulty: Itinerary that runs through trails with constant ups and downs.
- It is moderately physically demanding.
- Interest: the global vision that we will have of Montserrat (peaks, caves, viewpoints, necks, hermitages, needles ...)